(#2 (permalink)) Old
Panda Solo Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Not a n00b

Name: Leah

Points: 8,301, Level: 13 Points: 8,301, Level: 13 Points: 8,301, Level: 13

Re: Mom is moving away - July 26th 2020, 06:46 AM

Hello Nikki,

After reading your post, I totally understand that you and your sister are in a very difficult situation with your mother moving away and your father being such as descried. It is a very abrupt and stressful event. I think the first thing you should probably do is to give youself some time to adapt to current situation and help your sister to do so as well. You could sit down and get a piece of paper, start to list any problem or obstacle you have now, be it finaicianl, emotional, relational, safety issues, and etc. Then, you could start to find a solution for each one of them. For example, you mentioned that your father as being lazy around the house, and that means as a parent he doesn't provide a neat and organized living environment for you and your sister. You have a couple options: (1) divide the chores with your sister so that you could provide that neat and organized living environment, (2)talk politely and sincerely to your fathers about your concern with the current living environment, and (3) see if there is a close relative/friend who could lend a hand. I wish the best luck for you and don't panic!!!!!!