View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,543, Level: 59 Points: 172,543, Level: 59 Points: 172,543, Level: 59

I feel like I’ll never get better. - August 2nd 2020, 03:40 AM

Does anyone feel like they won’t ever get better?
I’ve been in therapy off and on (mostly on) for the better part of ten years. The talk therapy doesn’t work anymore. I know what they’re going to say. I’ve heard it all. I had a long stint of doing better due to Covid and not having anything going on, so my medication prescribed approved me to stop therapy with the condition that she can recommend I go back if I start to tank again.
Then as soon as a single stressor that most people should be able to tolerate hit, I lost it again and haven’t been fully right for a good month and the anxiety and depression have come back. These last three days have been particularly bad because I’ve even felt angry, which isn’t a normal thing for me.
At this point I’m on four mental health meds which help me but apparently don’t stop the extreme swings and episodes when I encounter a stressor, and talk therapy doesn’t work but I know my med prescriber will make me go back. I just feel like it’s useless at this point and I’ll never get to a better point. Anyone else? 😕

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive