(#1 (permalink)) Old
Resilient Offline
HelpLINK Officer

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Court
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 27,349, Level: 23 Points: 27,349, Level: 23 Points: 27,349, Level: 23

Money - August 2nd 2020, 05:59 AM

So, long story short, my mom isn't working and my dad is only on social security. Me and my sister live with them and are working. Well, I've been saving up for a puppy and I was going to give the breeder some more money on the puppy yesterday, well, little did I know my parents took my credit card, that they were only supposed to buy my cat litter and crickets for my gecko with, and they went on a shopping spree in Walmart for unnecessary items, AND took three hundred out of my account to put towards their insurance for the house and their cars. Well, I pay for my own insurance, car and health. I understand paying for the house part of the insurance because I live there but for their cars? No. They asked my for the three hundred, which I allowed, but I had no idea they'd spend so much money at Walmart. I only have 50 dollars left out of my pay for gas the next two weeks for my car to get to and from work.

I can't exactly move out because they destroyed my savings I had for a down payment on a home loan or security deposit for rent, and I make too much money for assistance. And if I were to move out, they wouldn't have as much financial help and I don't want to see them become homeless or anything.

I cried the whole way to work tonight about it and when I got to work, find out that my co workers feel that I only got my promotion because I was a favorite of one of the bosses. Cherry on top. But I've since talked to the bosses that had the final say in my promotion, and they told me that that was not the reason I was promoted, they told me it was because I showed good leadership skills and was very professional and reliable. Those co workers can shove it.

I'm just rolling with the punches at this point not much else to do but wait till something else comes along that they can get upset about, and forget about my promotion.

But this whole family thing is a huge downer.

Resilient
1. (of a person or animal) able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
2. (of a substance or object) able to recoil or spring back into shape after bending, stretching, or being compressed.

We all possess resilience, we just need to realize it.

Lead Moderator | HelpLINK Officer