View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
TwistofFate_07 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ashley

Points: 13,080, Level: 16 Points: 13,080, Level: 16 Points: 13,080, Level: 16

Am I traumatized? - October 13th 2020, 09:45 AM

When I was 17, I was physically assaulted by my uncle. He grabbed me by my neck and got on top of me. He even made a fist and pumped faked as if he was gonna punch me in my face. He did this to me because I got involved when he started getting mad at his girlfriend. He had her backed in the corner while he was yelling at her as she stood there scared. He was very abusive towards her. I had came down the stairs with my phone in my hand and my dial pad visible as if I was gonna call the police. As I was getting up to go back upstairs to my room is when he got on top of me and grabbed my neck and had me thinking he was gonna punch me in my face. He stared into my eyes the whole time.

As the years went by, I started having flashbacks of that day. Sometimes I feel very angry and upset. I sometimes believe that what happened to me was okay and that I was just being disciplined. I then tell myself that that’s not true but I also tell myself that it’s okay and that I need to stop feeling the way that I feel. I sometimes believe that it’s okay for a man to put his hands on a woman, even when I know that it’s not. I even asked my current boyfriend if he was abusive because of this. I even think that one day he might hit me because of what I went thru. I still have a lot of anger towards my grandma because she didn’t protect me. No one did and it pisses me off. I don’t know if what I’m feeling is normal or if I’m just going crazy.