View Single Post
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22

Re: Presidential Election. - October 14th 2020, 05:28 AM

There's an easy answer to that but I think you need some more context for what's going on here.
Short answer: Biden's crushing Trump in national polling and swing state polling (which decides who wins the electoral college and the presidency). Biden has barely had to do any campaigning to stay ahead of Trump since he was nominated. It's not like 2016, where the polls showed Trump just a little behind Hillary.

HOWEVER:
Trump has been complaining about nonexistent threats of "voter fraud" ahead of the election. He's been complaining that voting by mail is fraudulent even though its more secure than in-person voting. He's doing this because significantly more Democrats have been voting by mail out of concern for Covid. The biggest fear I have is that because it takes longer to process mail-in votes than in-person votes, it might look like Donald Trump is winning on election day before the mail-in votes are fully processed. If Biden comes back and wins after all the votes are counted, Trump will say the election was a fraud. This is an extremely scary scenario because there are a large number of right-wing terrorist militias and white supremacy terrorist groups in the United States that support Trump. During the last debate, the moderator asked Trump to tell those groups to stand down. Instead Trump said that most of the violence is coming from the left wing (its not) and then when asked to denounce the Proud Boys, an extremist group, he said, "stand back and stand by, but somebody's gotta do something about Antifa and the left".
The FBI caught one right-wing militia group in Michigan plotting to kidnap and kill at least two Democratic governors on election night.
November is gonna be really, REALLY bad.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.