Thread: Triggering: Drinking and Mental Absence.
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Alpine Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hazen

Points: 1,761, Level: 6 Points: 1,761, Level: 6 Points: 1,761, Level: 6

Smile Re: Drinking and Mental Absence. - November 5th 2020, 03:06 AM

Thanks Celyn
I'm doing a lot better this week, even though I had a another relapse (That day wasn't so good.)

It scares me how the frequency is increasing, reminding me of the dark days from way before, but this time around I have a lot more support and... I'm older. I can cope and recover. I think.

I've been noticing a lot of beauty in my life lately, and Halloween was a blast. I snapped this awesome photo of a sunset on the way home from a firewood load. forums/f17-drugs-alcohol-addiction/att3270-sunset-jpg

That friend got back to me, and somehow a couple other friends got wind and offered me support.

As for my mother... I did have a conversation. I drove us down to the beach, but I didn't touch on what was bothering me. Just gave her an honest update on how I was doing. We talked some about my father as well (Whole other mess) and it was really helpful.

I notice that weeks still fluctuate between good and bad, and really bad. "dark nights of the soul" still occur, and though I'd love some advice on how to calm down and fall asleep I feel like I have a support system to help me.

To close a too long post, I'm doing... well for now, feeling better, and I've scheduled a counselling session on Friday and a backcountry camping trip over the weekend to look forward to.