Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,885, Level: 42 Points: 88,885, Level: 42 Points: 88,885, Level: 42

Re: Presidential Election. - November 8th 2020, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynefin View Post
Hi all,

I know 2020 has been a very difficult year for so many people and things can quickly become heated. I wanted to post a reminder to be respectful to others at all times. Posting guidelines can be found in TeenHelp's Code of Conduct.

TeenHelp is a place where opinions can be shared yet should be respected. It is important to respect the views of others even if you do not agree with them. Disagreements come up often and this is the perfect place to practice how you cope with them. If you ever need help on deciding whether to post something please feel free to ask. Something that may help when you're considering what to say is to think about how it would make you feel if someone said the same thing to you. If you would feel hurt, it probably means that you should not post.

It might help to remember that our opinions are just that: opinions. They aren't necessarily true or false, but are our own thoughts. Stating this (e.g. "I feel", "In my opinion", or "I think") could lower some tension that has been felt.

If you become frustrated, consider taking a step back and walking away for a while. Maybe go outside and get some fresh air, take a few deep breaths, or spend time with a pet. We're all human and we all deserve to be treated with kindness. If you're having difficulty being kind, take a step back and practice some self-care before returning.
As cynefin correctly stated, the aim of this post was to not insult one another but to kindly post who you voted for and why. Politics will always create mixed emotions but we must refrain from hurting one another, especially during these times.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.