View Single Post
  (#42 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Presidential Election. - November 8th 2020, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthus View Post
I agree with Cassie. Let's stop this now.

I disagree with your interpretation of identity politics. As someone who has seen it firsthand in her own community, some of it is a little off the wall and really is divisive. If we want people to change their hearts and minds, we must do it in a way that makes people want to listen, and clearly this isn't the way to do it; if it were, the other half of the country would have voted as you wanted them to. The truth is that both have created this toxic political climate and both sides must now own it. People like AOC are also beginning to sound quite authoritarian with her threats of making lists and prevent them from ever being employed again.

We are all humans with our own moral failings. If we want to help others recognize theirs, we must first grapple with our own - and then we must lead with kindness and compassion. We can try and guide people where we feel they're wrong, but ultimately hitting them over the head with things repeatedly with only drives them away. We need to soften our approach. I know a lot of people don't like that, but it's human nature to become defensive when we feel we are being attacked. I can see you have very strong moral convictions, which is an admirable thing; just be careful not to become what you hate in the process.

We have to listen to people and be open to understanding why they vote the way that they do. Biden talked a lot about unity and giving each other the benefit of the doubt tonight; let's try to live up to that.
HI,

Yes, I am gonna stop now but I won't stop calling out racism, hate, bigotry and all that. Sadly, that means calling out the people that chose to vote for Trump and calling out terms used such as identity politics.

I have a lot of issues with the democratic party which I've shared on my personal page but that is a deflection from the real issue which is Trump and his mysogyny, racism, divisiveness and hate. I cannot sit Ideally by and condone or coddle people that chose to ignore that and vote.

Like I said, sitting Idly by would be as bad as the Germans who ignored Hitler or the whites who ignored the atrocities of slavery and the Civil rights movement. I cannot do that.

You are pointing out AOC, which seems like another deflection, however, you seem to be ignoring the issues with Trump. He separated children from their parents and 545 cannot be placed with their parents. It has come out that there have likely been forced eugenics. Trump created concentration camps and he is still being defended. I cannot, in good conscience, he quiet.

Sometimes the truth is difficult to hear. I know that personally because I had a friend call me out on a micro aggression I was committing. We talked about it, I saw his point, I apologized.

I cannot, in good conscience, be silent in the face of oppression, racism, hate, bigotry. I would be just as culpable in it if I was.