View Single Post
  (#45 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22

Re: Presidential Election. - November 8th 2020, 07:03 PM

I think both parties are in a weird spot now. For the Democrats, there is a split between centrists and progressives. The centrist wing's blaming the progressive wing for the centrists losing their seats, and you have the progressive wing basically saying that those candidates didn't support their policies anyway, so its the centrists own fault (I agree with this). I would be absolutely terrified of getting crushed by the Republicans in 2022 and 2024 (still am), but the Republicans will be fractured too. It'll be split between the Mitt Romney types in the government who just want to politely give more power to the wealthy and the cult of personality around Donald Trump. Its gonna be interesting seeing how this plays out going forward. If Republican voters lose faith in voting as a result of Donald Trump losing, will they still come out to vote? How many of them only came out because of Donald Trump? Its gonna be interesting and kinda terrifying to see how this plays out.
This country has way too many giant issues to deal with. If Biden and the rest of the centrists just sit on their hands and compromise on awful ideas, I'm really worried the country will just continue to fall apart. I've never been less excited over a win.