(#58 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

Points: 16,617, Level: 18 Points: 16,617, Level: 18 Points: 16,617, Level: 18

Re: Presidential Election. - November 16th 2020, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight. View Post
I'm not wanting an argument but I'm genuinely curious. How come you wanted Trump to win?
My state relies heavily on hospitality industry, tourism, indoor dining, and bars. And my town is filled with mostly small businesses. Our unemployment rate became amongst the highest most the nation in the last shutdown ... yet dems claim we didn’t shutdown enough and that we need to shutter all the industries that my state relies on. Honestly : fuck that.

I don’t agree that we should do that- especially as I will be looking for a job next spring...

If anything I have become more of a Trump supporter during the pandemic. Not because Trump necessarily did a good job (he didn’t), but because he is the less likely candidate to destroy jobs when I desperately need one.

I already had to go to school for another year because while I could have left last year, the shutdown ruined my job prospects. My mental health has also gotten worse as a result of the social distancing measures. I cannot go for another year to receive money as an instructor and therefor cannot agree to another shutdown...It isn’t selfish- people need money to eat and my life is just as important as those with COVID
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.