View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: How to be "healthy" - December 7th 2020, 01:20 PM

I was obese and lost a lot of weight the healthy way within the last two years or so, and I also have a history of binge eating and restricting. Unfortunately, what got me in the mindset to lose weight was an upsetting event and I started losing as a form of self-hatred before it became healthy.

I do think it helps, as Holly mentioned, to try to see it as a lifestyle. Emotions are often tied to food and while I still struggle with it, I try to practice mindfulness and pay attention to what my body is telling me. Looking at food as a source of energy for my body, like fuel for a car, has helped. I enjoy science so knowing the scientific part of what my body does with the food helps too.

Everyone is so different when it comes to their journey but for me, I never wanted to give up my favorite things and I never did. I struggled a lot before because of that. I like certain fast food places, so when I go I get a smaller meal or split the meal with someone else. I never gave up that or anything else I loved to do, I just made the proportions healthier.

Losing weight and changing your lifestyle can be overwhelming so I also suggest slowly doing it over time. Trying to do too much at once can be challenging and discouraging. For instance, I worked on my food and lost the majority of my weight with food intake. Following this, I added exercise in. This gave me time to become familiar and comfortable with my food habits before adding something else in there.

Let us know if you want to talk some more. You can message me anytime if you'd like to.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers