View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: My twin Sis Julie has agoraphobia - December 14th 2020, 12:06 AM

I think it's great that you're helping your sister through her agoraphobia. Like many other phobias, it can be extremely debilitating. Some days more than others. My mother has claustrophobia and though we have a 4-bedroom house, the rooms themselves aren't very big and we're still trying to get rid of many boxes of old things my grandmother had left behind after her death. She also has arachnophobia, so a combination of that and claustrophobia, especially in the spring and autumn months makes for a very anxious parent. During these periods, I try to be more on the ball with spiders or anything that looks similar, to help ease her anxieties. Overall I just try to be there for her, much like you with your sister in the way of trying to just be there for her.

Agoraphobia doesn't mean the end of the world for your sister. Coronavirus will pass and things will slowly return to normal, and your sisters anxieties relating to her phobia will ease. Alongside what you're currently doing, just remind her that coronavirus isn't going to be amongst all nature, so going for walks in woodlands or unpopulated areas can help ease her troubles.

Also, if you're looking to add a signature, head to your User CP located at the top left next to your username and amongst the settings on the left hand side panel will be an option that says, 'Edit signature'.