View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount53 Offline
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Re: My twin Sis Julie has agoraphobia - December 16th 2020, 02:46 PM

Just to add an extra to my sister's suffering, but Julie's long covid reared its ugly head again, causing her breathlessness to return exacerbating her asthma, awful aches in her joints and that awful fatigue. We thought she was over this post-covid fatigue, but no.

I decided to give up my job to look after her full time. Being at home enables me to give a lot more time to my Open University degree course and I love that, so it will work really well.

Just before closing, as it invariably happens, a well known couple came and bought up nearly all the shop! Among hideously expensive items were an 18th century Venetian credenza, a rare sideboard you could almost buy a house with on its cost, a huge 18th century Italian Neoclassical over-mantle mirror, two pairs of Eames for Hermann Miller recliners and a pair of 'La Chaise by the same but for Vitra. The last time I made a sale of that magnitude was last August.

They were regular customers, and as always, paid cash. We have an UV sterilizer so no viruses (if any) will survive on the banknotes, and I took all the cash home and stuffed it away in the safe.

Maman will be pleased. Naturally we'll be pleased seeing her. Just not her arty friends (all covid tested, by the way. I wouldn't allow them house room otherwise!)

And that's that. But for the couple who have bought a lovely house out in the sticks, I'm glad Maman will be home soon to organize delivery. There is no way I'm hurting my back again after that massive bath. She doesn't know it's here! Can't wait to see her face!