DeletedAccount53 Offline
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Re: Corona Virus. - December 16th 2020, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivière View Post

We have similar going on here in the UK. I'm not sure how I would respond to someone calling me for contact tracing. I think it would depend on how busy I am. If I'm currently dealing with a client and genuinely don't have the time to respond, I would likely see if the caller could call at X time, or just let them know I can't take the call at present.

My only concern is, what if I'm told I've been in contact with somebody who has it and that I must self-isolate for 10-14 days? Not everybody can take that amount of time off. For somebody like me, all those days off can literally mean I'm throwing away so much money that's used to help me support my family.

During the time my assistant manager caught it, I was in the office with her a few days prior to her being tested. Exactly 1 week from when I was in the office with her, I noticed I had a slight shortness of breath when trying to perform cardiovascular exercise. I couldn't get a full breath of air but I never thought much on it. I just put it down to the fact I was on inhalers as a child and maybe it was related to it. I did consider that perhaps I'd caught Covid, and felt like I was stuck with a dilemma; either report that I feel a little out of breath when I normally wouldn't, or keep it to myself.

It's quite awkward for those of us who do want to help support the slowing of the spread, but we also have to work or we have no home to go back to.
I feel sad that you are in such a difficult predicament, and I imagine that you must be your mother's official carer, just like am to my twin sister. If you were to come into contact with a coronavirus infected person, this government announcement shows you would have to self-isolate for 10 days: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...-self-isolate/ which is running until the next review, 21st December.

To not to, and this draconian government will fine you, or any of us should we disobey their national ruling.

There is some hope, which could be financial help given for free by the government. Maybe you could claim financial help for looking after your mother anyway. All the same it is very difficult and worrying.

Down a few paragraphs of this other government announcement https://www.gov.uk/government/news/n...self-isolation , after the bullet points they state:

'Recognising that self-isolation is one of the most powerful tools for controlling the transmission of Covid-19, this new Test and Trace Support payment of £500 will ensure that those on low incomes are able to self-isolate without worry about their finances.'

This could be of financial benefit to you. Given the circumstances to anyone residing in the UK, this would apply to them also.

And the sticking point remains, we would have to obey the law lest get fined a whacking great £10,000 Since that data was published last December 20th the government have not reneged on payments. So you stand a chance, Sarah, though let us hope it never comes to that.

I understand through the latest news that Wales is under full lockdown: Tier 3, but with level sodding 4 from December 28th

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52530518

It wouldn't surprise us one bit that the entire country will be forced in full lockdown come January 2021 if the R number increases.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1373440 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!