View Single Post
  (#306 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount53 Offline
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Re: Corona Virus. - December 16th 2020, 08:41 PM

The national news tonight totally sucks and with your gym business being closed 3 times now, I'm not surprised you're in despair.

Could it be possible to take your gym online? I know nothing about setting up websites and stuff, but some have done it and succeeded. How about you and your business partner? Do you think you could go online and have your gym users temporarily subscribe?

I agree that people will break the law and do their own thing. Many are long sick and tired of government restrictions and are determined to get the Christmas they intend since so much domestic planning and commuting cannot be undone. There will undoubtedly be much cathartic spending this year as people over-compensate for a lousy Christmas by spending ££££s in the shops and online.

I'm very worried that the NHS will be overrun. Already, queues of unwell patients are having to stay in ambulances like we've seen tonight just outside Belfast: up to a 12 hour wait. It's a gloomy picture overshadowed by a deeply right-wing overbearing government, but with a blink of an eyelid could change where masses of people strike out and do their own thing. I don't read the newspapers for the sensationalist stuff in print, but everything seems to be so unsettling.

Our antiques business has been classified as 'non essential' and has had to close, though our last clients bought almost everything. I took Julie out in a wheelchair for some last minute shopping, which cheered her up despite being well wrapped in PPE. She needed taking out.

I hope you find a way through this. We will be as supportive as we can, but let us take a day at a time. With Christmas looming, it's all we can do but be brave during these darkened days. I'm not greatly religious, but will pray for you, your Mum and your business partner.

Hugs,
Wendi
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1373440 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!