View Single Post
  (#311 (permalink)) Old
NeuroBeautiful Offline
Please call that story back.
I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24

Re: Corona Virus. - December 20th 2020, 09:51 PM

since covid I've taken 1 antibody test, which I didn't have and 3 pcr tests (nose swab, not rapid) Today I had my 3rd test and awaiting results. I have been exposed multiple people who tested positive this time around.

It is getting harder to avoid. I work at a school and I spent a lot of lunch duties "reminding" students to keep their mask on every 5 minutes. Oh how they can very easily remember what time school is over and what time recess is (they complained they should have longer recess when a fire drill cut into their recess) but somehow they can't remember to wear a mask. I've gotten into serious power struggles. They pull it down just to push buttons and I'm tired of policing and being compared to the teachers who "let". I'm now known as the one who doesn't let.

This whole thing sucks and I'm tired of worrying over every little headache and sneeze.

Although I believe I will recover if I do have it. I'm not looking forward to potential nerve damage. Nor the fact that I can spread it to people with vulnerable immune systems. I know I have been super careful. Even avoided seeing my friends from NY this weekend and they're a hit disappointed but they don't understand that I've been directly exposed and I'm not making up excuses or being paranoid. There are people who are over age 60, who have asthma and other high risk conditions. Why would I take the chance? I know multiple people who have been sick and either passed away or were unwell for a while. Not to mention the principal at my old school dying suddenly in her sleep and my cat passing away in September that just makes me extra aware of how I can accidentally kill someone.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1373440 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!