View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount53 Offline
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Re: What are your plans next year - December 28th 2020, 08:33 PM

Much depends on Monaco's Covid restrictions and when vaccines become available. We are depending on the Oxford vaccine which doesn't need ultra-cold storage with a small window allowing its thawed use for patients. While our country is the safest on the planet with almost three policemen to every resident, what we are not safe from is the virus' invisible menace. I worry that Julie could become ill again and January infection increase with the virus mutation needs to be closely monitored.

Throughout January our antique shop will remain closed but online sales will continue. January will be my birthday month, but eclipsed with heavy exams. Julie plans staying at home until given vaccinations, but she is a carpenter's apprentice so we hope she can start again sometime in February, allowing vaccination time if we are fortunate.

Maman's agent has a super modelling contract for her, but we are unsure if she wants to travel again. Everything remains unanswered, so I guess we'll have to suck it and see.

The other we dread is the Mistral, though last year missed us to hit July-August in Provence, this year it may miss us unless its secondary wind brews in the Golfo di Genova when the wind spreads very rapidly during winter, and can be devastating. If the Mistral blows itself out, then we'll consider ourselves fortunate, though we may get a thunderstorm later tonight as the lightning appears to be getting closer.