(#4 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Bye...... - December 31st 2020, 11:34 PM

I think aiming to improve things is something everyone should do all the time - self improvement is a way to grow and taking on board the things people say is always a positive thing. Please don't ever feel like you have to entirely reinvent yourself though! Anger, frustration, and upset are all legitimate ways to feel and you're entirely right to find ways to express them. The thing is, Teenhelp is a safespace for everyone, not just you, which means that sometimes censorship is necessary to maintain that. It's not anybody saying they want you in trouble or that they don't like the person you are, it's just a way for this wonderful safespace to ve EVERYONES safespace!

That being said, I really hope you meet your goals for the new year! It's clear you really want to help people and I love that you're aiming to do that. I also think the list of people who are kind to you, who you feel you can contact is a good thing too. It's handy to have contacts for when things get tough because they become part of your toolbox for coping. I hope that it's a helpful thing for you to do and that it makes your time here more pleasant. The last thing anybody wants is to see you unhappy here, so please know that we're glad you're here and definitely want for you to find a place and purpose here!

Happy new year! I look forward to seeing what the new year brings for you here.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.