(#322 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,851, Level: 42 Points: 88,851, Level: 42 Points: 88,851, Level: 42

Re: Corona Virus. - January 5th 2021, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork Chops View Post

I'm being respectful here, though you're unimpressed in wearing a mask, it will protect you and others you come close to or in contact with. Because nobody knows (except those who survived Covid like Julie and me), whether they might in fact, be carriers of coronavirus!

Wearing a mask will significantly reduce the number of infections. In Monaco, our Principality made it law to wear one. Good! Good also in the UK where we fled from to get home before the boarders shut, but out of consideration to others, not only because wearing a mask is compulsory, we are actively trying to keep infections down.

Compared to some states in the US, the UK (being England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland) is a small country, and yet - Coronavirus infections are raging daily! Here are some alarming stats in the UK- Ref.BBC News:

Monday December 28th: 41,385 infections, 357 deaths
Tuesday December 29th: 53,135 infections, 414 deaths
Wednesday December 30th: 50,023 infections, 981 deaths
Thursday December 31st: 55,892 infections, 964 deaths
Friday January 1st: 52,285 infections, 613 deaths
Saturday January 2nd: No data until 5PM GMT

Imagine the infection rate had nobody worn masks. And America has even higher infection rates!

Monaco infections to date: 885, deaths: 3

Arguably my country is significantly smaller. But all of my people are being extra careful, some even wearing face shields. Julie stays in with good reason. At home we take extra precaution for her because she's clinically highly vulnerable.

So in kindness I implore you, wear your mask for the safety of everyone around you; know you are making a significant difference.
It's not the fact that I have to wear a masks that I have an issue with. I don't mind. The fact is, COVID-19 has been circulating where I live for the past 10-11 months and now all of a sudden we have to wear masks when we have had a much higher rate of cases then what we do now.

Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1373440 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!