View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount53 Offline
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Re: Limiting my time here - January 10th 2021, 10:05 AM

I wish to explain fully my reasons for taking temporary leave of Teen Help.

Though I have made a few very good friends here, I have issues of abandonment. This feeling has been exacerbated by seeing a great many "Views" by some of my posts, even the longer ones such as Narcissism as posted in the Bullying and Peer Pressure forum, but sadly no replies. This is hurtful to me.

I recognize this abandonment issue stems from a rotten childhood, and, more recently, our maman making plans to leave for Paris where she has a new modelling contract. Not having her with us means Julie and I may have a struggle. Neither of us have seen our maman much lately since Christmas. Her absence makes us feel isolated. As Monaco is such a small state, one would assume we hvae many friends, but no, not us because the people who are known to us are mega wealthy, and possess snobby attitudes. With people like them, who needs friends?

Therefore the sole reason why I felt the need to leave was because many of my posts have not been replied to. Many "Views", but hardly any posts. This, I felt, was cruel. And I don't know why, nor do I understand this member attitude. Just a few words would have sufficed. Instead, I feel like I am invisible here. It's made me sad.

On a happier note, I am preparing eventually to start my Masters. Here is info on it: http://www.ala.org/educationcareers/libcareers/become

This will be started at one of the top schools in Monaco where the State will pay for me and my twin sister's education.The reason for this is we are by birth, Monégasque.

At some time I will be back, but for the time being I need a break from the forum because I don't feel welcome, despite the pleasant posts members have made.

As I have already said, I and Julie have issues with abandonment. We have had sessions with a therapist, but a therapist has got to make an effort to establish a client-to-professional relationship if sessions are to work. Having been sent to 3 therapists in the past only to experience negative thinking on the part of the therapists, our opinion on them is they acted unprofessionally, and one therapist acted in such a harsh manner that Julie and I exchanged thoughts and decided to walk out.

We are knowledgeable of therapists' tools. All the more reason we are better off getting self-help literature on the subject of abandonment and working through it together. For us, this also is cheaper and a lot less stressful.

So, this is what I am suggesting: While I am only too happy in being supportive to members here, if I write a good post that has a decent amount of quality content, it would be appreciated to make some sort of postal response. To not do so and leave my posts unanswered, and I will remain scarce on the forums. Just a few words of appreciation go a long, long way to making me feel appreciated and welcome.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable, because the "Views" never lie.

So, I will post as and when I can, interesting content. If responses are made, then I will appreciate it and consider staying.

I speak as I find.

And one day wouldn't it be wonderful if Teen Help gets a greater presence on Google so that people reading about our fantastic forum and its super resources - can join during 2021? Hell yeah!

Thank you for listening.

Kindest regards to everyone

Wendi

Last edited by DeletedAccount53; January 10th 2021 at 10:15 AM. Reason: typos
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1360929 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!