View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount53 Offline
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Re: Limiting my time here - January 10th 2021, 01:08 PM

Thank you Sarah for writing so compassionately; factually, too.

It never occurred to me that the pandemic may have affected people's posting, but there is a very definite fear among the older ones, even the younger who have underlying medical health problems exacerbated by increased mental anxiety caused by media sensationalism unfair to all and sundry. People being reticent in posting could be for the pandemic reasons alone, and their mental health issues have increased.

it also occurred to me during your reply that you are correct: people simply don't know what or how to reply. I never thought of that.

I used to belong to a London-based mental health charity that involved itself with the Royal Princes' 'Heads Together' charity, but since Harry absconded the Royal Family to another country, this organization folded. The support forum 1-2-1 ceased using me, so I resigned and also a Wellness site based in California. Then I happened upon Teen Help and, well, here I am.

There was much you wrote about that will provide me with deeper thought, and I thank you.

I also for personal reason choose like yourself to browse the forums in Invisible Mode. For me it helps lower any anxiety that bubbles up, for at one time I never acknowledged having anxiety, so being invisible when browsing has, in fact, been a great help.

Kindest regards,

Wendi

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” - Thomas A. Edison.

Thomas Edison tried over two thousand times to invent the lightbulb.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1360929 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!