View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount53 Offline
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Re: Burning Man Experiences - January 12th 2021, 02:01 PM

I am reminded by Mark Twain's beguiling quote: “It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.”

Because during our time at Burning Man 2018, I entered the Thunderdome to fight a man three times my size. And Hell yeah, I won!

The imagery and drama of this astonishing video Burning Man 2018 Film: "Ignite" filmed in glorious 4K depicts such a fight, sadly not me, but be warned [ Scenic flashing colours, imagery and music during some videos might trigger neurological related episodes!]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7DBAbdUEuQ&t=46s

It was the greatest and most empowering fight I'd ever had, though I have been trained in combat by a retired US Marine, Maman's former girlfriend. However, it was in the spirit of friendly goodwill and so much more in Burning Man that had us going again the following year. We've been 'burners' for 4 years and each visit, we discovered more about ourselves that ever before.

Enjoy the video!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” - Thomas A. Edison.

Thomas Edison tried over two thousand times to invent the lightbulb.