DeletedAccount53 Offline
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Re: Julie has chest infection - January 21st 2021, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight. View Post
Sorry to hear that you are unwell as well.

Thank you for looking out for us, Flight. I really appreciate it like all my friends who have posted their best wishes. It's wonderful coming back to see just how many have been so caring of us.

I'm not great, but slowly improving, still taking my antibiotics orally, and without feelings of nausea. Julie's chest infection worsened.

Our doctor hurried back bringing our blood test results. The markers on my test revealed I was responding, but Julie's markers were worryingly lower. She put an IV line into her and having brought an overhead antibiotic drip and machine monitor gizmo (sorry for my ignorance in these medical devices), started a drip of pneumonia antibiotics and another whose name is too long. But we were assured it's very effective. Our vitals are taken regularly

This was a precaution to prevent my sister's condition from worsening into pneumonia which she nearly did from last spring when she and I got covid. That was an experience I don't ever want thinking about. I was terrified for Julie. Was terrified anyway! I'm a tough and resilient young woman, but the reality of corona infection, even re-infection remains a spectre.

Julie's IV began yesterday morning. Consequently her blood test markers had begun rising, which we are very relieved about!

An intravenous-trained nurse comes every 6 hours to give Julie more antibiotics. She is eating fairly well, loves her chilled milk, toast and honey. In addition she's been sharing tubs of glorious Talini Dark Chocolate Cherry ice cream with me. Note the plural. Ben & Jerry's ain't got nothing on this delicious ice cream.

These intravenous antibiotics will continue until Julie's blood markers return to normal. We are very grateful to maman for coming home. She's being very good to us. And amazingly, she's cooking. And very well.

Vive la français nosh!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” - Thomas A. Edison.

Thomas Edison tried over two thousand times to invent the lightbulb.