Thread: Being compared
View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 109,898, Level: 47 Points: 109,898, Level: 47 Points: 109,898, Level: 47

Re: Being compared - February 3rd 2021, 09:20 AM

Hi Skye,

I'm sorry for all of this and I hope that you are doing a little bit better. When we are the ones doing this or someone else is doing this, it is not a good feeling to have. A lot of people go through this, it is not very nice when other people are doing this to us, friends or family or other students in the classes. Some people think that it is okay to do this and it's no harm. But it does hurt because we are all different and it is totally fine to not look the same or like different things. We wouldn't want to all be the same, it's fun having different outfits, makeup, ect it is what makes us who we are.

I have this article on being compared to others, if you would like to read it when you have time, it may help you out some. It is,
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102007124

You can try writing a letter to your parents about all of this and let them know how it makes you feel. Also if you are not able to talk to them about this face to face, maybe see if the school counselor or a teacher can help you to talk to them and hopefully they will get what you are going through. I wish you the best with this.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,