obelus Offline
divided yet whole

I've been here a while

Name: Oliver
Pronouns: they/them

Points: 59,995, Level: 35 Points: 59,995, Level: 35 Points: 59,995, Level: 35

What does "home" and "healing" mean to you? - February 4th 2021, 12:03 AM

As the title asks...

For the past year or so I've been trying to figure out what these two words mean to me and what they might look like in my life

Well, I've been trying to define "home" for a long time. As far as I know, I've never had a "home". I've lived in many houses and apartments, but they never felt like anything more than that

The concept of "healing" is newer to me. I still can't put much of my thoughts around it into words. I don't believe in saying things will get better because i can't predict the future. I know it's possible they could and i hope they do, but they could also get worse or they could stay the same which isn't good either. So the closest I've gotten is maybe it can be that one day things will be manageable while still living a meaningful life. Though i still don't really know for myself. I'm only so far into even trying to give it meaning

So what does it mean or feel like for you? Discuss if you'd like. I'm not necessarily looking for advice because of how personal defining these things for oneself can be, but I'm interested in what it means for others here

“Peace is power”