Mallika Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mallika

Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15

Re: Don't know what to do. - February 10th 2021, 09:52 AM

Hi there,

Thank you so much for reaching out!

I'm sorry that you and your classmates are having to go through this. It can get very emotionally overwhelming especially when you are a young student. However, you are your own individual and are entitled to have your voice heard. Even if their parents are working at the school, that is no excuse for their unruly behaviour. Reporting their behaviour would be the best thing to do.

I can understand that you might be concerned about singled out if you reported them. Is there a teacher or school counsellor whom you can confide in, who will keep your identity confidential? Alternatively, you may write a note anonymously, giving all details of the twins' behaviour and get it to reach a particular teacher/discipline instructor, etc asking them to look into this matter. If you go to your school's reception desk, the clerk might be able to pass your note to a teacher without knowing who you are.

You're absolutely justified to feel the way you are feeling; I have felt the same way when I was in school confronted by such meanies. It is a very good thing that you reached out. There's great strength in taking steps to do something about an issue - which starts with voicing our concerns.

I wish you strength

~ Seize each day and live it like your last ~

HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator