View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26

I'm probably overthinking this, but... - February 13th 2021, 03:28 AM

[SIZE="a"]Obviously Sunday is Valentine's Day. It's never been a super huge deal for me; it's just kind of cute and fun to celebrate when you have a partner. The last two or three Valentine's Days I haven't had a partner so I've really had no need to pay much attention to the holiday. However, in the past two weeks I have started seeing someone. I don't know if it's officially "dating" but there's physical intimacy involved, so in my mind that makes it more than friendship. Anyway, I just don't know if I should tell them "Happy Valentine's Day" on Sunday. On the one hand, I don't want to completely ignore it, and risk them thinking I'm not that interested in them. But on the other hand, I don't want to appear more invested than they are, and unfortunately it's too early, in my mind, to have conversations about where our "relationship" is going, as it's only been two or three dates. I want things to progress naturally and in the past my anxiety has tended to make me iron things out too early and it's been off-putting for past partners.

So what do I do? Do I wish them a Happy Valentine's Day or no?[/size]