Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: I'm confused please help!! - February 16th 2021, 11:30 PM

Hi Steven,

First of all, welcome to TeenHelp and thank you for posting. Understanding your sexuality can be a really confusing thing and it's something lots of people do at all ages. It does sound possible that you could be bisexual, especially if you find yourself attracted to both girls and boys sometimes. But the only person who can settle on a label is yourself. There's wonderful resource that TH have which you can find here which lists the many different sexualities and key words for sexual orientation out there. It's not an exhaustive list, but it's a really helpful way of finding out what labels are out there and trying them on for size. It's quite a lot to look at, so don't worry if not all of them, or none of them, quite work for you. Every person is different, and labels sometimes don't quite fit.

Also, don't worry about necessarily finding one word which works right this second. Sometimes it takes some time to feel sure and settled, and that's ok. As I said before, people question throughout their lives, and labels sometimes shift and change as you get older and gain more experience. The main thing is that you feel accepted for who you are, so whatever label you do or don't choose to define yourself by, know that it's perfectly valid and perfectly okay. If you like both girls and boys, then there's nothing wrong with that. If you are straight, bi, gay or something else entirely, that's valid too, and you should always feel safe and confident with however you choose to define yourself.

I hope this helps a bit. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.
Take care!

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff