View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount53 Offline
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Roast Potatoes, Bowl, Fork - February 24th 2021, 10:44 AM

We used to snarf popcorn during TV evenings. Until Tommy brought in bowls of roast potatoes. Suddenly, popcorn unexpectedly got boring!

Normally we roast taters in goose fat, as in the BBC Good Food link as shown: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/...roast-potatoes which makes them extra crispy with a deep, deep tastiness that only goose fat combined with high oven temperatures can make. But our happy little soul said she found a recipe for roast taters using Dijon mustard.

I thought they had a certain taste about them that was so appealing. I asked for the recipe - Pocket: 3-Ingredient Roasted Dijon Potatoes

don't they look amazing?
(see attachment)

Healthier, and were very very good. (Note the 'were') But the ones I prefer are always done in goose fat. Specially for Christmas or Thanksgiving, depending on your parents' wishes.

If you have a recipe - even for stovies and bacon (yummy bacon!) do please share it.
Attached Thumbnails
forums/f184-food-recipes/att3297-dijon-mustard-roast-potatoes-jpg  

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” - Thomas A. Edison.

Thomas Edison tried over two thousand times to invent the lightbulb.