View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: COVID safe lunches/snacks for work - February 27th 2021, 12:24 PM

While at work we often have to deal with a lot of cleaning due to a great deal of sweaty people (mostly men) not cleaning down equipment properly. We do wear gloves etc but sometimes we don't always get time to sit down and eat a proper meal.

Normally when this happens I tend to go for something that can be unwrapped. Even if you haven't been able to wash your hands, you can still tear the outer packaging away and bite down into the food without contaminating it.

Golden syrup flapjacks are a great for me because they're mostly oats, so a slow-release carbohydrate, and the syrup is sweet and energy is released quickly. You could consider making your own or experimenting with other flavours like peanut butter, mixed fruit, and so on. Though it would depend on how much time you have to prepare them. You could bake them in batches so you have enough for the week. To cover them, you could wrap them in grease-proof paper or something similar where you can be able to move them out of the packaging without actually touching the contents with your hands.

Another can be small bite-size sandwiches using a baguette, or a miniature form of one. Due to the way they're shaped, it's much easier to get them out of the packaging without having to touch anything, and depending on how they're prepared, filling doesn't slip out and go everywhere unlike when using regular sliced bread.