View Single Post
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Brother intends to get married soon - March 14th 2021, 12:42 PM

Thank you all very much for your support! And thank you Mallika, that was extremely helpful!

According to my brother, his girlfriend's family are quite traditional in that they expect marriage after 3 months. Apparently when she told her father of her relationship with my brother, he was actually ok with it, and said that as much as he'd expect marriage, he hasn't the money right now and suggested waiting a year, which was nice of him. Her mother on the other hand, instantly got annoyed and blocked her (her parents are separated and her mother lives in India) for a while. She seemed to come around after a while, but continued to push for marriage as soon as possible.

I've asked for more details on my brother's marriage, and he stated that it'll be in an ashram in Bangalore. Apparently his girlfriend owns a house there which her mother is living in so they will have a place to stay as well rather than being in a hotel.

Since there's a fair few months left before he intends to marry, it gives me time to think. I've decided that I'd definitely try and attend his marriage in a registration office though since it's in the UK and I won't have to travel far.