View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Sprite-1 Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Name: Tommy

Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8

My school's laughable anti-bullying stance - March 15th 2021, 02:20 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

In my classroom were a trio of designer-clad girls lording it over the rest of us, being mean and snarky to the extreme. The leader had a gold chained Chanel clutch bag that contained pens and pencils. I mean, come on! Costing no less than €4,360 in Monaco it looked as incongruous as it was a crass waste of good money!

Later in the canteen, she stuck her foot out as I was passing by, holding my tray that contained a variety of meats and dauphinoise potatoes. It smashed to the floor with me sprawled over it. Feeling a dollop of something cold and sticky landing on my neck, I looked up to see my antagonist leering nastily. Instead of punching her lights out, and believe me I could have, I stood up and reordered my lunch. Everyone stared; not a sound could be heard in the canteen. Determined not to look glum I smiled back. And took the first available table. Thankfully nobody sat with me. My jacket had food stuck to it so I removed it and hung it on the back of my chair. At least the lunch tasted wonderful, even if I didn't.

I can take being sworn at and tolerate no end of teasing, but this was downright malicious. Later in the afternoon I was ambushed in the girl's rest room and spat at. Had I lived in The Hole I'd have easily floored all of them, but I've been having counselling for my combative reaction. I've been feeling better. It's all been down to having professional help that is ongoing.

That night with my sisters' guidance I wrote a formal letter of complaint to the Headmistress, requesting a reply. My letter was polite, but firm. Instead of an apology promising action, the Headmistress replied what my sisters described as 'almost offensive'. The Headmistress suggested I was a liar and that I 'should go about my schooling like my peers. And be normal'. I doubt the old bag would know what normal meant. But Wendi said the Headmistress is being paid off.

We discovered the bullies' parents donated several million euros to the school. This smacks of corruption. Had the Headmistress and school governors dealt with my eccentrics, their parents would stop making payments and their surnames removed from the school's limestone quadrangle.

Not to be perturbed, my sisters removed me from the school so I can work at home and enjoy a higher education, or, be sent to an independent school in Mougins. Except that would mean commuting by helicopter, but it's being seriously considered.

My sisters are already acquainted with the corruption that continues in Monaco and Monte Carlo, the centre area of our small country. So for the time being I'm going to continue schooling at home while they make thorough investigations through my dear lawyer, Leonardo.

I don't feel the desire to demolish supercilious people. Instead I'm having sessions and guidance from a professional and feeling so much better.

One day I will write an account of what life was like in The Hole. That will not be an easy read, let alone pleasant to write.