Sprite-1 Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Name: Tommy

Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8

Re: Ted - March 19th 2021, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everglow. View Post
It sounds like both you and Ted have been through an awful lot, and I'm sorry to hear he was so badly injured. Hopefully this will be a brand new start for him, you, and the other people who have been hurt. You definitely don't have to share anything which upsets you to write about. The things you've been through is your pain, and as long as you're dealing with it in a healthy way, you can process it and share it as much or as little as you need in order to heal. So don't worry about writing anything down if it hurts you to do so.

Also, you're very young still. you don't need to give up on anything, whether it's law or any other dream. There are many years in which you'll have time to really dedicate long hours toworking on a profession, but at your age, you should enjoy learning a bit of everything and exploring options without feeling the need to dedicate your life to it. Be easy on yourself. Take time for you as well as for your work. Even an academic needs a break. But teaching sounds like a really rewarding job to persue, so whichever route you take I know you'll be great at it. Just remember to be kind to yourself too.
Though Ted has prescribed painkillers that dull his pain, he continues to get night terrors like me, so we snuggle together as we have always done. Sometimes when one of us wakes screaming, the other will soothe and take away the nightmare. It's an ongoing, nightly situation but tomorrow Ted and I will be seeing our doctor who said she has a temporary medicine, an hypnotic of sorts that can block these vivid, anguishing dreams and may, with further therapy, someone who she will refer us to, help us find ways of ....coping.

I went to sleep two hours ago but woke screaming, and here I am with Ted sitting next to me and we are enjoying cops of hot chocolate. Then I remembered I owe you, and so here I am.

Believe me I will be easy on myself and certainly not be writing about The Hole. Or anything that draws up emotional pain. Same for Ted when he read your kind post, he agreed. He also thought that teaching would be a good career choice for me. He's musically very talented so the the school we will be going to will cater for both of us in that subject while I concentrate on the beauty of writing, which my sisters praise both of us for.

This afternoon Ted and I went out, down to the harbour to admire the yachts moored up and then we wheeled along the quayside to stop at a caff our family like. It's their favourite, probably because the caff's owner doesn't charge double - or even triple the price for a cup of Joe or a hot chocolate topped with real cream with a chocolate flake to dip in.

We spent all afternoon outside, but having to wear masks. Ted made me laugh when he made a small hole in his mask so to suck up the unctuous hot chocolate. Did he make laugh?! He said when he's able to walk again, to don protective gear and go skateboarding with me. Protective gear also to cover his spinal area, just in case.

My dearest sweetheart now has a family. Something he hasn't had since his parents were killed in a road crash. Ted loves our family. Likeable, he gets on with everyone.

Thank you for everything you wrote. Tomorrow I'll be chatting again, but now we must return to bed. Goodnight and sweet dreams.