View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Sprite-1 Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Name: Tommy

Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8

Julie's Long Covid returned - March 27th 2021, 02:31 PM

This afternoon she collapsed onboard our boat while fishing with Wendi. An emergency crew airlifted her to hospital while our sister sailed back. Julie's been released because the hospital needs the bed for an emergency patient. She's home now and I'm with her and Ted.

A nurse can't come til next week because this weekend Monaco is overrun with ill patients needing urgent home care. Wendi is at work all next week, so I'm staying to look after her, can home school here.

I'm upset. A year ago she nearly died from covid complications, and then suffered Long Covid for many months. It wrecked her life, her plans.

Although having prescription inhalers my sister has breathing problems so I've given her oxygen on doctor's orders. Julie aches all over and shivers. As if she hasn't suffered enough.

We've all had Pfizer vaccines. But these vaccines do not protect against Long Covid, though they do protect up to 6x efficacy against future infection. Which is very good.

I've nursed Julie before. I'm used to helping her. For the record, in Monaco I'm a registered care giver. My sister suffering the return may mess up our plans, but we'll manage. We always do.