Thread: Triggering: Rough week.
View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: Rough week. - April 10th 2021, 01:33 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother passing away, and it seems to be a bigger deal when it's the last surviving grandparent. I am in the same situation, I only have one surviving grandparent now as of last year; and like you, I want to believe she will live forever. Sadly, that's not the case.

I'm glad you were able to spend some time with her before she passed away, and I think holding onto the good memories you had with her would be a good thing. Perhaps you can get together with your siblings and/or cousins and put together a scrapbook in her memory? That way, you don't have to go through your grief alone and turn it into something positive at the same time.

As Holly said, I think it's ok to let yourself feel positive emotions even if it's a sad time in your life right now. It must be difficult wanting to share the good things happening with close friends and family members, given what just happened; but perhaps you can write about it and then share when you feel the time is appropriate?

You have the right to feel all the emotions you have right now. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that!

Thinking of you, take care.