(#6 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: Phone anxiety - April 16th 2021, 01:50 PM

I still have phone anxiety. If I knew I had to make a phone call, I could be anxious and struggle to get to sleep the night before. I wouldn't be able to do anything, apart from try to psych myself up to make the call. I would sometimes write scripts but then I felt that made it worse.

I think I'm getting a little bit better though? My mum and friend sometimes call me and I think having online learning has helped a little. I'll need to make a call in the near future but so far, I'm not anxious about that at the moment, so that's a good sign.

Most of the time I avoid answering the phone and if there are other methods of communication, for example, booking an appointment in person or by email, I'll do that rather than phoning. The work that I want to go into will require me to make and receive calls, but I'm not that anxious at the thought because I know there will be only so many things that clients will ask, so I'm hoping it will kind of become automatic where I know the answers and won't have to scramble around for words

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer