(#4 (permalink)) Old
Mallika Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mallika

Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15

Re: I don’t know what I should do with her - May 1st 2021, 04:52 AM

Hello there,

Thanks for reaching out!! I completely agree with what Christine and Sarah have already said here.

I've also been ghosted before after a 5 year friendship, so I know how tough it is. And I really appreciate your attitude of being honest with people, because at the end of the day, friendships are relationships that we invest so many emotions in.

As a third person reading all that you've written, I don't think this friend is worth keeping. Clearly, she doesn't seem to respect others for their time and efforts and just does what she wants, having little regard for the emotions of those she'll "use" as a friend. Like Sarah said, it appears she has issues of her own. If I can be honest with you, staying around with someone like this can become very toxic for your mental health. You don't deserve to be with someone who might just "dump" you and all that you've shared together according to her whim. It's better to have no friends at all than keep someone like this close by.

I suggest you tell her upfront that you are not comfortable with her attitude regarding your friendship and would much rather go your own way. Trust me when I say this - there are great people out there who want to keep you in their lives. These are people who value you, your time and friendship. That's what you deserve.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!!

~ Seize each day and live it like your last ~

HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.