Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,726, Level: 39 Points: 74,726, Level: 39 Points: 74,726, Level: 39

Re: I got too drunk.. - May 1st 2021, 11:49 AM

Hey there

Thanks for reaching out about this. I can understand why you're feeling how you do, especially as you're very close to these people and feel as if you have crossed a line. The thing with drinking is it does take away some parts of our usual self control sometimes. It reduces your ability to think logically and therefore we sometimes do things we know we would never do if we were not under the influence of drink. I think you did the right thing by apologising to him. That shows you know that your actions were wrong and that you acknowledge that. This is a really good thing, and as hard as it is I think it's important for you to remind yourself that you're only human and because of that you will sometimes make mistakes, and that it's okay to forgive yourself for that.

I understand why you want him to tell his girlfriend though. It can't be a comfortable feeling to know that she is unaware of what happened, and I think if you feel like she deserves to know you can bring this up with him if you want to. Ultimately, I don't think there's a right or wrong way to deal with this because part of me agrees that she deserves to know, but part of me sees his point, in that he knows you would never do this ordinarily. I would consider why you want her to know. If it's a means to punish yourself, you don't deserve that I don't think. If it's about trust, then I can see why you'd want to. But I don't think you deserve to consistently make yourself feel bad for a mistake he has already forgiven you for.

I hope you're doing okay.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff