View Single Post
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Caitlin Jenner is running for California governor - May 3rd 2021, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauorkan View Post

The fact that she is trans is going to be of notoriety, people are going to hate on the ones opposed to this... calling them TERFs, transphobic, etc. That invalidates the rightful opinions of myself and others who believe experience matters, not celebrity status.

I hate being put in position like this.

Most likely people will not view you as a TERF for disagreeing with Kaitlyn Jenner. The majority of the LGBTQIA+ community do not like her. She is against gay marriage and has just come out saying she does not think that trans girls should be on sports teams etc. She does not support the LGBTQIA+ and her privelege (white and rich) allows her to be able to have those stances even though they harm people within the community she is part of.

If you disagree with her based on these stances or other politically motivated stances, that does not make you a TERF and very few people are going to call you a TERF.

IF you disagreed with her and made the choice to dead name her or call her by the wrong pronouns...that would make you a TERF. There are people that are doing that with Jenner and that's where my frustration is. She's a pretty awful person (for the reasons listed and for others) but we should not deadname/use the wrong pronouns.
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.