(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,747, Level: 39 Points: 74,747, Level: 39 Points: 74,747, Level: 39

Re: I feel like they have forgotten me - May 3rd 2021, 12:19 PM

I'm sorry to hear your colleagues from your previous job haven't been keeping in touch. I can understand why you feel like they might not miss you and that's not a nice feeling to have considering you were all so close.

I think sometimes with work colleagues it's tricky because when people leave and move on to do new jobs, it puts a lot of distance between people. I know that when I left my previous job, for a short while I was in regular touch with many of the people I worked with, and over time that drifted away and we just stopped talking. The same thing has happened to people who have left the job I'm in now - we stayed in touch for a while, and then it just kind of fizzled out. It's not a nice thing to happen, but I think sometimes work colleagues are good friends while you're working together, and after that people do stop putting in the effort. I don't think this means they don't miss you and I don't think they've forgotten about you either, I think sometimes it's just one of those things. Jobs change quite a lot for people, and so especially in some work places there's such a high staff turn over that staying in touch with everyone is hard.

That obviously doesn't make it any easier on you, but I do feel for you because I've been there, and the feelings it brings on are not nice.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.