Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Confused - May 5th 2021, 07:21 PM

Hey

I think it's completely fine to question everything at any age, and it's also completely fine to just be 'you' without the labels if that's more comfortable. The thing with labels is that they're always going to be somewhat restricted because people don't always fit categories. That's why with asexuality, I'm learning new words and labels every single day because there are so many slightly different meanings held by people who see themselves and their sexuality slightly differently to another person. All expressions and labels or non-labels are valid. The main thing is you're comfortable with yourself, no matter what words you decide feel right.

I think the same applies to your gender identity too. If they/them feels right, then they/them IS right. That may change one day, but right now, if that's what you feel encompasses who you are, then it's valid. Whether you like pink or blue, dresses or trousers, sports or glitter, doesn't mean you're one gender or another. People fall in all different places along and outside of the gender spectrum and that's all okay. At 29, you don't need to have it all figured out. You're allowed to identify, and then reconsider, experiment with something new, change your mind and even change it back again. There's no shame in that. Some people don't have the words to describe who they are until they're much older, but that doesn't make their journey any less important than someone who knows at the age of 16 who they are.

I hope this helps a little bit. If you ever want to talk, you're welcome to shoot me a message any time.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff