View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: How do I stop doubting myself??? - May 11th 2021, 11:47 AM

It's quite common to want to attach a label to ourselves because they give us some sort of closure. The problem is that labels are still exceptionally limiting. We give them to ourselves from a snapshot of how we feel in that moment in time. However, they don't always encompass how we permanently feel.

When I was growing up I thought maybe I was bisexual. I'd finally accepted that much at 15. But then I realised I have no sexual attraction to men and so I'm gay. In fact I have labelled myself as gay solely out of convenience. Despite coming out as a gay female, I've been intimate with a couple of men.

I'm nearly 30 years old and I've just come to accept that while I have no sexual attraction to men, I can enjoy their company. I like having sex with men, and I do like the romantic side of things. I like kisses and cuddles etc. However, those feelings I have for men are very few and far between. They come and go all the time. The one thing that remains the same is my sexual and romantic attraction to women. That hasn't changed.

I don't think there's any real good way to stop yourself from doubting, but sometimes it is better to stop trying to put labels on yourself and just simply exist. The more you try and put a label on an ever-changing sexuality, the more difficult you're going to find things.