View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Guilty feeling. - May 30th 2021, 12:37 PM

Yes! I'm so bad that sometimes, even when I know I genuinely need something, I will still look for justification from others. I'll weigh up the pros and cons for them and wait for them to tell me their answer. Almost always it's, 'I think you should get it' and I'll be like, 'I feel bad for spending money when we really need it' . They'll go through some speech with me about how I barely spend money on myself anyway and so on.

I think when a person is in a situation where they really need money, any amount of money spent, even on essential things, can make a person feel bad. However, those things are just that - essential. Even if it's not food, you still may need moisturisers, body wash, shower gel, sanitary pads, lip balm. Whatever else. These things are important to self-care and to help ensure we look the part for our jobs in the first place.

I imagine you're still going to, but try to see it as though you're doing it for the purposes of work. Even if it's some personal clothing. You still need them for the mental health factor. Buying something new isn't always a bad thing.