View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
FrozenRobot7 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Danni

Points: 9,892, Level: 14 Points: 9,892, Level: 14 Points: 9,892, Level: 14

Having to return to a toxic household - June 5th 2021, 10:52 PM

I recently completed my freshman year of college and am going home for the summer. But, the household I will be going back to is a very toxic environment and I am very nervous for how I will react to going back.

My dad is very emotionally and verbally abusive to my mother and often takes his anger out on my brother and I. He also when I was at school began to drink heavily and that has made his angry spirts even worse. While at college, my family also had to move in with my grandmother and I will be walking into a completely new family dynamic. I am nervous of how I will fit into this new family dynamic and how I will be able to deal with my dad again. I've been away for so long and haven't had to deal with this for long enough that I don't know how I'll be able to deal with it again. But, being home is where I will make the most money over the summer so it is very important that I stay.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation and is able to share any advice? I am worried that going home will take a large toll on my mental health and I am just very anxious to go back to a situation that I know is very much not ideal.

Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end- John Lennon❤️❤️