Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: Career Counseling? - June 11th 2021, 08:11 PM

Hey there,

I think many people are re-evaluating their careers and lifestyles due to the pandemic so rest assured you aren't alone. Even without the pandemic, many people may find themselves wanting to change careers!

It sounds like you've changed your mind about going into theatre and that you have several ideas that you'd like to explore. I definitely think career counselling could be helpful to you!

I've not had any personal experience of career counselling, but I know someone who has had career counselling from a local organisation. They found it helpful as they were able to get the advice about which route was best to get into a particular career and their career coach was able to suggest some places that they could volunteer at as well. It depends on the organisations in your area...some might be willing to help find you volunteering/courses/employment opportunities while others may give you sessions to help you think about what you what and focus on how to go about achieving your goals, they won't necessarily help you find opportunities.

Hope others can give you their insight!

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer