(#4 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,726, Level: 39 Points: 74,726, Level: 39 Points: 74,726, Level: 39

Re: My Mental Health. - July 25th 2021, 08:29 PM

I can completely understand why your mental health has taken a dip with everything you've described going on. The uncertainty of lockdowns, mixed with the fact you can't see the people who would usually make you feel better is really hard. I'm sorry that you're dealing with this and I hope that the lockdowns where you are can end soon so that you're able to see the people you care about again. I think it's really good that you have hobbies such as photography to keep you busy though. It sounds like it would be a really good way to let you get some creative outlet for what you might be feeling too. Depending on what the rules are where you are, could you maybe do a socially distanced photography walk with one member of your family every now and then? If this isn't possible I understand though.

If you're struggling to find the words for how you feel in order to open up to people, maybe you could write it down like you have here? Sometimes it's easier to word things when you have time to think it through and word it without being under pressure. A letter, or a poem might be useful here. I would suggest talking to your doctor if you're feeling like your medication isn't working as well as it should be though. They may be able to tweak it a bit to see if that can help.

You should definitely be proud of yourself for avoiding habits which didn't make you feel good though! I know it can seem like a small thing at a time like this, but it's definitely something to be proud of and congratulate yourself for. Either way, I hope you're coping okay and I'm glad you came here to talk about it. I hope that helps you get through this.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff