View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Gift someone something new - July 26th 2021, 08:03 PM

I really enjoy giving gifts to others. I spend a lot of time and effort finding the perfect gift for somebody. Sometimes it can take months of planning out what to get beforehand just to make sure it's right.

This month marked both my uncle and mum's birthday.

My uncle is always the most difficult to buy for because he doesn't really have anything he likes to do outside of watching things on Netflix/Amazon Prime. Sometimes he will spend time in his electronics room... but I can't really buy anything regarding that. Sometimes I've bought things for his car or maybe an Amazon gift card but after a while they seem too repetitive. This year I decided to buy him a new mobile phone. His current one is getting really old and slow, so I decided now was a great time for a new one. He instantly switched from his old one to the new one and said he liked that it has a fingerprint scanner on it as it was much easier to unlock than his older one. Plus it's got a bigger screen and is faster so he can watch things on his phone.

My mum is by far the easiest family member to buy for. I know exactly what to get her every time. This time I decided to gift her an experience rather than something tangible. I was going to take her for a few days out travelling across Wales, but we've been having a heatwave and having to travel by train wasn't exactly ideal, so we went to a beach in Wales and visited some of their coffee shops, as well as generally wandered around taking pictures of our day out. I feel like it wasn't as good as her last visit there but at least it was definitely a way of getting her out of the house. It was also the first time she'd been out of the house and that far away since before the whole situation with Covid so said she felt a bit nervous being on the train. She decided she didn't want to go anywhere else though, so we only went out the one day and stayed at home the next as it was too hot anyway.

Have you thought about gifting someone something new? What kinds of things do you enjoy gifting to others?