View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,543, Level: 59 Points: 172,543, Level: 59 Points: 172,543, Level: 59

Re: Nervous to go back to school in person! - July 29th 2021, 09:47 PM

Hey,

I definitely understand how this can be tough!

If you’re allowed to wear any type of mask you want, maybe you can experience with different patterns to see which feels the most comfortable to you. For example, on hot days I have a hard time with certain fabrics but like how they fit around my ears. When it’s not as hot, other fabrics feel better. It may also help to find ones with cute patterns. It may not help with how they feel but at least they look nice!

In the lower grades the schools allow mask breaks. I’m not sure about higher grades but it’s worth looking into.

I know this sounds silly but maybe you can “practice” wearing the mask for longer periods. Increase the amount of time you wear the mask around your house to get used to wearing it for a longer amount of time.

If you have any friends who go to school with you, maybe you all can vent to each other. These are some weird times, so it can help to talk to people who understand what you’re going through.

You’ve got this!

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive