View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Single mom and daughter fighting - August 1st 2021, 11:18 PM

Firstly, I'm sorry this hasn't received a response yet!

Based on what you've written, it sounds like your mum might be going through a lot of personal things and perhaps may be feeling burnt out from everything. She's obviously got something going on and it's not fair that she's taking it out on you.

You mentioned that you and your mum 'rarely' have physical fights which involve slapping and punching. However, these sorts of things shouldn't be happening at all. While I respect that in some cultures, slapping the back of the head is given to children as a sign of disrespect, or similar. As someone of Western culture, I personally don't find this, and especially not any punching/kicking to be acceptable at all.

As much as I would suggest writing a letter to your mum, or perhaps sitting down with her about her behaviour, I feel as if this course of action wouldn't yield any results. Is there anyone else you can discuss your home situation with? Perhaps a friend or family member? Maybe even a school teacher or similar? What's happening with your mum is obviously a lot to deal with, especially when you're trying to be reasonable.