(#9 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: ACL injury - August 12th 2021, 10:32 AM

An update on this...

I ended up paying for a physiotherapist and they were actually very good. She explained that I didn't have an ACL tear or stretch because there would have been a lot of swelling, and I wouldn't even be able to move. Not to mention my knee joint would be all over the place.

She explained and showed me something which deep down, I think I already knew but chose to ignore - bad posture. I have a flat foot problem and so my knees cave in unless my feet are pointed out. Not good on the knees. Because of this, my job, and the fact I bought a new pair of ill-fitting shoes, my knee cap has slipped out of place because the outer muscle of my thigh is very strong but the inner muscle is too weak to pull it into alignment. This has caused my medial ligament to be under a lot of strain, stretching it and causing a lot of pain.

I've had a couple of ultrasound treatments to help ease the ligament a bit, and a list of exercises I need to perform each day.

I actually feel a lot better though have to be mindful of my knee in the classes I teach because I mustn't squat or do anything else similar. I also can't teach cycle classes or basically do any cardio besides just walking.